Welcome back to another double-review for our “Battle of the..” series!
We are back with the BATTLE OF… THE MASCARAS!!!
I do not like to use fake eyelashes, unless I am attending an important event. Most of the time, I just rely on my eyelashes by themselves. For this reason, I rely A LOT on my mascara and my eyelash curler. I have previously written a piece on my favorite eyelash curler. Check it out here.
I have been using Maybelline mascaras because… my mother believes in it too! In the 80s and 90s, she would swear by the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara. You will ALWAYS recognize this infamous mascara by its bottle!
I will always go back to this baby, probably because it connects me to my mother and our make up bonding. I was lucky to have that with my mom…I started using Benefit’s BADgal BANG! Mascara two months ago and I finally finished it.
Here, you will find out if I will be buying a new one!
ABOUT THE PRODUCTS
MAYBELLINE VOLUM’ EXPRESS THE COLOSSAL MASCARA
- It does last!!! So much so, that even after a good wash, I am still wiping it off the next morning!
- It is not too thick. I have thin eyelashes and they tend to fall if the mascara is told heavy
- The applicator does not clump like the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara use to do to my eyelashes. That is why I decided to try other mascaras.
- It still clumps if you are not careful. You want to make sure you do not apply a large amount of the product, you don’t need it.
- I also do not like that it is s strong that it is almost unwasheable. It doe come off but not all of it, and the results are frustrating and annoying.
BENEFIT’S BADGAL BANG! MASCARA
- When I first used this mascara, I was highly impressed by its strong black color. I was very happy with how strongly it colored my eyelashes!
- Honestly, you do not need a lot to make your eyelashes longer and darker!
- The applicator does not evenly apply on my lashes. Some lashes are longer and darker than others.
- Since my lashes are thin, the mascara is a bit too heavy for my eyelashes. By the time it dries, the mascara is so heavy it pulls my eyelashes back down.
- It also takes the mascara a while to dry. I don’t have that kind of time when I am getting ready for work. I think it may be good for a night out or when you use fake eyelashes.
Maybelline Volum’ Express THE COLOSSAL waterproof mascara!!
I seem to always go back!
Although it is extremely difficult to completely be taken off, it does the job and dries with enough time for me to refuel before I walk out the door!
Entertainment with a Social Justice Twist!