Welcome back everyone!!
We are so excited to share this interview!!! We have been following this artist since we started Instagram, and we never imagined the collaborations we have done!
Our first collaboration was a beautiful piece we animated and, honestly, we cannot stop staring at it!! (Check out our Instagram for the animation!)
Now, we have the honor to share our interview with you!! We hope you enjoy it as much as we did enjoyed learning more about them!
Our interview is below:
1. What is your IG account? Do you have any other social media accounts for your art?
My insta account is @Crymsy! I don’t actually have any other social media accounts, but am planning to start a YouTube account soon!
2. What was the first art piece that you remember impacted you and inspired you to make art?
I can’t remember the piece, but I remember the artist. I used to draw a lot of manga/anime styled art until I saw Sakimichan’s work. And that’s how I got inspired to start drawing semi-realism!
3. When did you realize that you enjoyed making art or when did you start making art?
I started drawing when I was a little kid – like around 6 years old. And I started dabbling in digital art when I was in high school. But I really properly got into it about 2-3 years ago!
4. What style of art did you start off with and is it the same today? What else have you tried? What are your favorite styles of art?
I started off with anime/manga styled art!
But moved on to semi-realism which I love!
My goal is to be good at the concept art painterly style and I’m still trying to adjust my style today!
5. Which is your favorite art piece you have made and why?
This is a painting I did of my DnD character Ilya. This is my favorite drawing just because of how proud I was of the detail I put into it and also because of how much I love my character!
6. When did you decide to start a social media account for your art? Were you nervous? Excited?
I had actually been posting art on another account that I’ve had for years. However, that was a mixed account and my followers there didn’t follow me for my art.
So about 2 years ago, I decided to start my insta account “crymsy”! I was worried I would lose my followers from my old account (but back then I only had about 600!).
But I was really happy I made this account! It pushed me to keep drawing and practicing and sharing my art with people and I’m really happy with how far I’ve come!
7. How has your experience been with your social media account(s) for your art? What are the positive outcomes? Is there any negative outcomes?
There are loads of positives, but there are, of course, quite a few negatives as well.
I love being able to share my art with people, helping to inspire other growing artists to keep drawing, as well as interacting with a meeting some other amazing artists who share the same interests as me.
However, it’s the internet – and there are some toxic people, people that don’t pay for commissions. I’ve completed for them, but also there’s the pressure of social media.
Having to create everyday and balancing this with work and life can be difficult.
Art block feels worse when you feel like you need to keep the account active.
And, of course, trying to fight the algorithm is a struggle for all of us artists on insta.
But I realized that it was important to draw for myself and for the people that want to see my art!
Maintaining a social media account takes a lot of effort but it’s definitely worth it!
8. What advice would you give any artist out there who are considering sharing their art on social media?
My main advice would be to remember that you’re drawing for yourself, not for everyone else! Draw what makes you happy and keep practicing!