Today, we have an interview with the amazing makeup artist @zrxby !!
We are so excited to bring you another amazing interview with one of the first make up artists we asked to animate their photos!
The photo we animated was so cute and it had such a positive response when we posted it! (Check out our Instagram page for the actual animation):
Below is our interview!:
1. What is your Instagram account for your make up looks? Do you have any other social media accounts for it?
Well I have another account for my makeup clients and also clothing I sell which is @perlarxby.
Then I have my main account @zrxby where I post my looks and some makeup tutorials.
2. When did you start playing with make up?
I began using makeup when I was a freshman in high school.
3. Who influenced you in the make up world? Was it someone close to you? A famous person?
Honestly, I can’t really think of anyone. It kinda just came from no where then I actually started looking at youtubers and just learned more from them. I love “iluvsarahi”
4. Do you do any other forms of art that influenced your make up looks?
My personal art work and photography.
5. What style of make up looks did you start with? Is it the same today? If it has changed, why do you think that is?
I always did colorful looks, but I think as I’ve grown more I lean more towards the natural glam because I know my followers like those more and it’s just more simpler and looks professional.
6. When did you decide to post your make up looks online? Were you nervous? Excited?
I started posting last year around this exact time.
I felt nervous, but I was pretty confident with my work.
It has grown a lot and my followers have been amazing supporters and always show love so that motivates me to do more.
7. How long does it normally take you to do a make up look for you social media account?
It depends, if I’m doing a colorful and creative look it usually takes up to 5 hours, as I like to take my time and just listen to music and work.
When it’s a more natural glam it’ll take about 3 hours.
8. Do you create make up tutorials? What has that process been like for you?
Yes, I’ve done a few.
The process is stressful because I really want to present the best information and really help the viewer understand, but I enjoy it so much and helping others with it.
9. What has your experience been like posting your make up looks online?
I’ve had lots of support from people and I love it!
I’m so beyond grateful for the people who constantly show me love. I appreciate every bit of love and it’s been amazing posting looks!
10. Do you have any advice for aspiring make up artists who are thinking about posting their make up looks online?
My advice is to do you!
People will always criticize your work, but at the end no one is born knowing it all.
So my advice is to do what your heart says even if you don’t feel it’s the best. Just keep working and never give up on it! Practice gets you closer to perfect.