Today, we are bringing you an interview with a photographer we have collaborated with quite a bit!!
When we first collaborated with @DonaldManning, we asked to animate one of his amazing photos and they graciously said yes!
Well, the more amazing part was when @DonaldManning received the animated photo and told us we could animate their photo any time! We felt very honored!
We love that about @DonaldManning!
Here is the first animated photo we posted! (Check out our Instagram page for the actual animation):
The support he has given us is very much appreciated! So, naturally, we had to interview him and share it with you all!
Below is our interview!:
1. What is your Instragram account for your photography? Do you have any other social media accounts for your photography?
My insta is for my photography only. I also have a f/b photography page Donald Manning photography.
2. When did you become interested in photography ? Who or what influenced you?
I’ve always been interested in photography since doing Communication Studies A level at college.
3. When did you start taking your Photography more seriously and why?
I attended a lot of Cosplay conventions and was encouraged about four years to get a camera rather than use a phone.
4. Did anyone teach you? Or are you self taught? Or both?
I am self taught. Trial & error.
5. What style of photography did you start with? Is it the same today? If it has changed, why do you think it changed?
I enjoy capturing people and that’s what I focus on.
6. Which is your favorite photo or photoshoot?
I have so many. All my favorites go on insta. I post one a day.
7. What do you enjoy about your photography?
The smiles on people’s faces when I show them the photos I take.
I enjoy meeting people as well.
8. What is your process like choosing the next photo to post online?
I post all the shots I take, even if I don’t like them. It’s not for me to decide what is good or not.
9. What has your experience been like sharing your photography online?
I have only had good experiences in the main account.
People are genuinely pleased to have me capturing them.
10. What is your advice to aspiring photographers considering posting their work online?
Decide WHAT you want to capture first. Practice, experiment. Be selective on certain mediums such as insta on how many you post.
Mostly do what you enjoy doing!