Welcome back everyone!
Today, we have an awesome interview with cosplayer, @thomcruzcosplay !!!
For our first collaboration, we asked to animate the photo below (Check out our Instagram page for actual animation):
He was so supportive!! He even posted the various versions we offered!!! We had to come back and interview him!
Below is our interview!:
1. What is your Instagram for your cosplay? Do you have any other social media accounts where you share your cosplay?
Aside from managing Geek Boots Military Nerds, @thomcruzcosplay is my only account.
2. When did you become interested in cosplaying? What influenced you or who influenced you?
I got into cosplay back in 2015.
3. When did you begin to do cosplay?
I went to my first convention in 2016.
4. Who helped you with your cosplay?
@zack.wilkes has been my primary help when I began to finally ask for help. I buy all of my costumes, but then he helps tailor them and weather them.
5. Which is your favorite cosplay and why?
Oh gosh, that would be a tie between Deadpool and Captain America. Deadpool has always matched my sense of humor, but Captain America has always been something I look to because of my Military background.
6. Do you do cosplay events or competitions? Do you have a favorite you like to attend and why?
I would definitely go to @emeraldcitycomiccon due to it’s memories I’ve made there. I have met Nolan North, Rob Liefeld and, of course, the great family I’ve created.
7. Do you make or buy your cosplay? Or maybe both? Do you have any stores or sellers you highly recommend to aspiring cosplayers?
I buy all of my cosplays.
The only cosplay I made was Cable and, again, Zack helped with 90% of it. Either, I chipped in ideas, gave the OK on his ideas (because we had the same vision), or made sure I was there so he could measure me.
8. Do you have any advice for aspiring cosplayers considering sharing their cosplay online?
Gotta keep it business up front.
Take your time getting to know people.
And most of all, Don’t do it for the likes and followers. It doesn’t ALWAYS go fast and you’ll stress yourself out watching those numbers. Try and detach yourself from it. Don’t let it run your life. Don’t let it get to your head.