Welcome back to another interview for our Meet the Artist series!
Today, we have a super fun interview with cosplayer, @stephybluebear !!!
Our first collaboration with @stephybluebear was this super cute cosplay photoshoot! (Check out our Instagram page for actual animation and more!):
Get to know this amazing cosplayer!
Below is our interview:
1. What is your Instagram account for your cosplay? Do you have any other social media accounts where you share your cosplay?
I only have one Instagram account where I post cosplay and other photos which is @stephybluebear.
I also post on Twitter and Facebook, which can also be found with the username @stephybluebear
I also post on Youtube with the username: Stephy Blue.
2. When did you become interested in cosplaying? What influenced you or who influenced you to do cosplay?
I became super interested in cosplaying when I was in high school.
3. When did you begin cosplaying?
I began cosplaying in 2015 when I dressed up as Stocking from Panty and Stocking.
4. Who helped you with your cosplay?
I did everything on my own and, to this day, I style my own wigs, make my own props and do everything on my own!
5. Which was your 1st cosplay outfit? What was the process like putting it together?
My first outfit was a black fluffy dress from my 8th grade graduation that I used for my Stocking Anarchy cosplay. I bought the exact dress for the cosplay, but it didn’t fit so I had to use one of my dresses.
6. Which is your favorite cosplay and why?
My favorite cosplay that I’ve done so far is Chun Li because I felt very confident dressing as a badass street fighter!
I also think the cosplay shows off my curves!
I’ve always had body confidence issues, so cosplaying as her makes me feel sexy.
7. Do you do cosplay events or competitions? Do you have a favorite event that you enjoy to attend and why?
I don’t really do competitions.
I do cosplay for fun!
I usually cosplay at conventions.
My favorites are C2E2 in Chicago and Anime Central in Rosemont.
I really like those events because not only are they the biggest conventions in the area of their category (comic book con /anime con), but there are so many fun people to meet, panels to enjoy, and games to play.
8. Do you make or buy your cosplay? Or maybe both? Do you have any stores or sellers you highly recommend to aspiring cosplayers?
I buy all my cosplay at the moment, but I sometimes make my props.
It’s hard to recommend a site for plus size cos players like me.
I was lucky my Chun Li cosplay fit me. I had to get my bowsette dress tailored because it was 7 inches to small.
I usually buy my cosplay on Amazon, but if I can’t find a size that fits me, I will try Aliexpress or the expensive route, Etsy.
9. What do you enjoy about cosplay?
The things I really enjoy about cosplay is seeing your favorite characters come to life in different ways!
It’s amazing to see people portray a character from an anime or a comic book.
I also enjoy finding people who cosplay the same characters.
It’s a great way to make friends!
10. What has your experience been like sharing your cosplay online?
I’ve had a good experience sharing my cosplay online.
I’ve gotten a lot of great feedback and compliments on my cosplays!
11. Do you have any advice for aspiring cosplayers considering sharing their cosplay online?
Don’t let the negative things people say prevent you from cosplaying.
Do what makes you happy.
Cosplay is supposed to be fun!