We are so excited to bring you an interview with an amazing cosplayer (and special effects make up artist as well): @princesssfx !
We first collaborated with @princesssfx when we animated this beautiful rendition of Moana!
She does amazing work and we are honored to share our interview with her!
Below is our interview:
1. What is your Instagram for your cosplay? Do you have any other social media accounts where you share your cosplay?
@princesssfx on Instagram!
2. When did you become interested in cosplaying? What influenced you or who influenced you?
I have always loved wearing costumes, mostly for Halloween and shows.
When I found out people did that on a daily basis and made their cosplay, I was hooked!
3. When did you begin to do cosplay?
4. Who helped you with your first cosplay?
I worked on it by myself for five months.
5, Which was your 1st cosplay outfit? What was the process like putting it together?
My first cosplay was Chief Moana!
The process was definitely way more difficult than I expected it to be and I needed to learn to be more patient during the process of making it.
6. Which is your favorite cosplay and why? (Provide a photo if you can :))
My favorite cosplay so far would have to be my updated Moana.
However, the one I am currently working on will end up being my favorite for a while!
7. Do you do cosplay events or competitions? Do you have a favorite you like to attend and why?
I haven’t competed yet.
But I have done a couple events. For example, the ‘Ralph Breaks The Internet’ premiere & Seattle’s Children’s Hospital. Anything that involves kids is my absolute favorite thing to do because their reactions are absolutely priceless!
8. Do you make or buy your cosplay? Or maybe both? Do you have any stores or sellers you highly recommend to aspiring cosplayers?
Ninety of the time, they are handmade from materials from Joanns, Michaels and any thrift store. Then, I just buy a couple accessories that I haven’t figured out how to make yet.
9. What do you enjoy about cosplay?
The creative freedom behind it!
You can literally do anything as long as it’s not offensive to others.
Also the community! I have met so many incredible people that I am so happy to call my friends now.
10. What has your experience been like sharing your cosplay online?
Extremely positive & supportive!
11. Do you have any advice for aspiring cosplayers considering sharing their cosplay online?
Whatever you do, do it for you and nobody else!
You will never ever EVER please everyone.
Post for you, create for you, keep going for you!