Welcome back everyone!!
We are so excited to bring you another interview for our Meet the Artist series!
Today, we have an interview with a fun and amazing makeup artist, @whatahorror_ !!!!
Our first collaboration with @whatahorror_ was the animation of the awesome look below: (Check out our Instagram for the actual animation)
Below is our interview!:
1. What is your Instagram account for your make up looks? Do you have any other social media accounts for it?
My instagram is @whatahorror_ and occasionally I’ll post them onto my Twitter, @whatahorror.
2.When did you start playing with make up?
When I was 13, my mom finally started to let me wear mascara and eyeliner. That was almost all I ever wore until I was 18.
3. Who influenced you in the make up world? Was it someone close to you? A famous person?
When I started getting more into make up, I was close with an artist friend of mine and I really admired their creativity.
4. Do you do any other forms of art that influenced your make up looks?
Mostly painting, drawings, and graffiti.
5. What style of make up looks did you start with? Is it the same today? If it has changed, why do you think that is?
I started with very simple neutrals but now I enjoy more dramatic eyes and color. Now that my skills have improved I enjoy pushing my boundaries.
6. When did you decide to post your
make up looks online? Were you nervous? Excited?
I really just started posting them for fun!
My make up is different every day and I really enjoy sharing it with other people who enjoy make up just as much as I do.
7. How long does it normally take you to do a make up look for you social media account?
Usually it takes between and hour or two hours. I have young children, so I have to stop a lot.
8. Do you create make up tutorials? What has that process been like for you?
Ive made a couple. It’s been a little challenging I know nothing about editing or equipment so I’m just learning as I go.
9. What is your favorite make up look that you have done and why?
This look I did with hearts around my eyes.
I felt adorable in it and Valentine’s Day is my favorite holiday.
10. What has you experience been like posting your make up looks online?
It’s been really fun!
I’ve received a lot of positivity and have been able to connect with a lot of other make up lovers.
I once had one of my pictures on a little segment on the gas pump TVs and that was pretty crazy.
11. Do you have any advice for aspiring make up artists who are thinking about posting their make up looks online?
Stay true to yourself, post whatever looks make you happy, and don’t feel pressured.