Welcome back to our Meet the Artist series!
Today, we have an interview with an amazing photographer, @fdeleonardis
We first collaborated with @fedeleonardis with this amazing cosplay photoshoot (actual animation can be found on our Instagram page):
Below is our interview:
1. What is your Instragram
account for your photography? Do you have any
other social media accounts for your photography?
Only my Instagram account.
2. When did you become interested in photography ? Who or what influenced you?
When my youngest daughter was born in 2016.
3. When did you start taking your photography more seriously and why?
I enjoy doing photography and improving my skills.
I started to study photography and how to retouch images almost as soon as I bought my first Reflex in 2016.
4. Did anyone teach you? Or are you self taught? Or both?
I had a teacher in Landscape Photography.
For portraits and retouching tools, I used a lot of YouTube videos.
5. What style of photography did you start with? Is it the same today? If it
has changed, why do you think it changed?
I started by doing only landscape photography. After that, I started to do portrait photography and cosplay photography.
My style is changing every day. I hope it continues because it helps me evolve as a photographer for the future.
6. Which is your favorite photo or photo shoot?
It is very difficult to say.
Every photo shoot and every shot gives me different positive vibes.
7. What do you enjoy about your photography?
I love to catch the character of my subjects. Every unique detail in the image is what I was aiming for.
8. What is your process like choosing the next photo to post online?
I don’t know.
I only post 1% of my pictures. I should post more!
9. What has your experience been like sharing your photography online?
I love to read feedback and comments because I have received so many compliments.
10. What is your advice to aspiring
photographers considering posting their
My advice is to to study a lot.
YouTube is full of helpful channels. Every hour spent on YouTube can improve your skills.