Welcome back everyone to our ‘Meet the Artist’ series!
Today, we have a super fun interview with @mystical.kittenx !
Below is our interview:
1. What is your Instagram for your cosplay? Do you have any other social media accounts where you share your cosplay?
My Instagram is @mystical.kittenx
And yes! My Facebook @mysticalkitten and Twitter (l@mysticalxkitten.
2. When did you become interested in cosplaying? What influenced you or who influenced you?
I became interested when I was a young teenager, but was discouraged from trying because many people on the internet seemed to mock plus size cosplayers. But, I kinda got drawn into the community in my early twenties and found people that were generally very accepting.
I did not really have a singular influence. It was just something I wanted to do.
3. When did you begin to do cosplay?
About 2 to 3 years ago.
4. Who helped you with your cosplay?
My friends and internet tutorials.
5. Which was your 1st cosplay outfit? What was the process like putting it together?
Rose Quartz from Steven Universe. It was more of a closet cosplay, so no real making process. But, I did style the wig for her which was fun!
6. Which is your favorite cosplay and why?
Midnight from My Hero Academia.
I love her character and I enjoy how I feel in her outfit.
7. Do you do cosplay events or competitions? Do you have a favorite you like to attend and why?
I have never entered a competition, but I do attend conventions frequently. MomoCon is my favorite con so far because all my friends usually attend.
8. Do you make or buy your cosplay? Or maybe both? Do you have any stores or sellers you highly recommend to aspiring cosplayers?
I do both depending on cost/skill level/time involved. I really like Herostime for zentai suits and arda for wigs.
9. What do you enjoy about cosplay?
It gives me an excuse to dress up in a way I normally wouldn’t.
10. What has your experience been like sharing your cosplay online?
Overall, it has been very positive. Of course, you have negative people every now and then, but luckily you can just block them and forget about them!
11. Do you have any advice for aspiring cosplayers considering sharing their cosplay online?
Just do it and don’t get caught up comparing yourself to others.
I know when I first started I was a little apprehensive because there are so many talented cosplayers, but I kept at it and It’s fun to look back to see the progress I have made.