Welcome back to another review for our “I TRIED IT” series!
I am always on the hunt for next best cleaner because, as I have stated before, I still have not found a makeup cleaner I am truly happy with.
Below is a list of previous makeup brush and sponge cleaners:
- I TRIED IT… Ecotools’ Makeup Brush Cleansing Shampoo
- Why Should I… sanitize my make up brushes if I already cleaned them?
- TIPS AND TRICKS: “Does your Makeup Sponge leak a color when wet?”
- Battle of the Makeup Brush Washers
In the following pages, you will learn more about this cleanser and my history with makeup brush cleaners.
Is it worth your bucks?
WHAT I HAVE TRIED IN THE PAST (THAT WORKS!)
Fortunately, what has worked for me has been the Shea Moisture African Black Soap. As I got older, I noticed I was getting acne again. I have mentioned this before but, as a teen, I had a lot of acne and it took many years to get it under control. If you want to hear about my acne experience and some of the products that have helped me as an adult, check out these articles out:
The Shea Moisture African Black Soap helped clear up my skin during my daily skin care routine. I noticed a makeup artist use a body soap bar to clean their brushes and I became intrigued. I went home that day and used a DOVE body soap bar and it did fairly well. I decided to try my Shea Moisture African Black Soap as well and I did not have to scrub for too long for the make up to come off! I have been using this bar for almost a year. As I look for the right cleaner, this is my go-to when I am not satisfied with other products. But, I am always in the search for a better cleaner and one that is appropriate for makeup brushes and sponges.
Lastly, my last favorite cleaner is Ecotools’ Makeup Brush Cleansing Shampoo, which I reviewed here. It truly has worked for me! It has a couple of things to keep in mind (check out the review), but really works. It is the last cleaner I have used before trying this product, the Beauty Blender Cleanser Solid.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
According to the company’s website, this product is travel-friendly, which includes a makeup brush cleansing mat. The cleanser solid claims to be “paraben, phthalate and sulfate-free.”
Since the cleanser solid is meant for their makeup sponge, the solid claims to clean the makeup sponge effectively without harming it.
Let’s find out if this is true!
MY REVIEW OF THE BEAUTYBLENDER CLEANSER SOLID
I have used this brush and sponge (not many brush cleaners are capable of cleaning beauty sponges) cleaner for the last few weeks and I have used it on both my brushes and my sponges.
Below is the list of the good and the bad!
- This product comes with a free travel size mat which I appreciate! It is great with smaller brushes! (The cons are listed below.)
- It does not have strong perfume-type smell. It actually smells like what the purple glue sticks I used to use for school to make posters, etc. It not a pleasing smell, but it isn’t a strong smell which I really appreciate.
- The cleanser bar has lasted me over four months! I clean my brushes every week, sometimes the same day I used them. I use make up daily and I am not shy with my foundation and concealer.
- Honestly, a little goes a long way! You do not need to double dip. One dip should be enough.
- You do not need a lot AND it does not take a lot rubbing for the makeup to start to come completely off!! I am so amazed by how little time and even effort it take to take off the makeup (as long as you use a cleaning mat which this product provides you with)
- It washes off really quick along with the makeup and dirt on the brush. I was really amazed with this! For this reason, it will last you a while because you do not need a lot each time.
- It cleans makeup sponges! I know this is silly to list since the BeautyBlender company is all about makeup sponges, but it is so hard to find a cleanser like this! It does amazing in cleaning sponges! I saw some old stains starting to come off my JUNO CO. velvet makeup sponge, which I will keep an eye on…
- I was not sure if this cleanser would be able to clean to my JUNO CO. velvet makeup sponge would be easily cleaned since this is for the beauty blender sponge texture versus velvet. It did a great job! As mentioned in the previous point, it actually seems to cleaning old stains that previous cleaners were not able to clean.
- Although the product gives you a free cleaning mat, it is very small. So, for bigger brushes, this mat is not useful. I have my own cleaning that is much bigger, which works much better for bigger brushes.
- That’s it!!
Overall, I love this product!!
I know it is more on the expensive side of beauty products, but I feel it is well worth it!
I hope this review helps! Let us know what you think in the comments. Share with us your experience with this product or others,w e would love to hear about it!
As always, keep making that beautiful art!
Review by: LatinaChika
DISCLAIMER: As a reminder, our magazine is NOT sponsored by any of the companies we have reviewed so far. These are items we purchased with our own hard earned coins and we provide our honest review.
Entertainment with a Social Justice Twist!