Welcome back to another interview for our “Meet the Artist” series!
We are so excited to bring you this interview with an amazing artist, @_milkeu !!!
When we first approached @Myle.Art for an animation of their art, they were so kind and supportive that we had to interview them!
Our collaboration was of this beautiful piece (Check out our Instagram for actual animation):
Get to know more about @_milkeu and her amazing cosplay below!
1. What is your Instagram for your cosplay? Do you have any other social media accounts where you share your cosplay?
My Instagram is this one! And I only share cosplay here I don’t have any other social media accounts!
2. When did you become interested in cosplaying? What influenced you or who influenced you?
I started in college when a friend introduced me to it! I still cosplay with her a lot! Her Instagram is @_honeysmiles.
3. When did you begin to do cosplay?
I started in college.
4. Who helped you with your cosplay?
Mostly @_honeysmiles for sure, but also looked up tutorials, searched up references etc.
5. Which was your 1st cosplay outfit? What was the process like putting it together?
My first cosplay was Ririchiyo from Inu x Boku SS! I bought the wig and outfit from Amazon.
6. Which is your favorite cosplay and why?
My favorite cosplay is probably Shiki I did a while back, I loved the outfit and aesthetic. Will provide picture at the end!
7. Do you do cosplay events or competitions? Do you have a favorite you like to attend and why?
Cosplay events I attend are mostly cons like Fanime, AX, etc. I don’t really join competitions.
8. Do you make or buy your cosplay? Or maybe both? Do you have any stores or sellers you highly recommend to aspiring cosplayers?
I buy my cosplays on Taobao! The’yre cheaper there than on most sites. I recently started making more foam props. Youtube has been really helpful with this.
9. What do you enjoy about cosplay?
Cosplaying with friends who love the same thing you do! And also working with amazing photographers to produce the quality photos that you want for your character!
10. What has your experience been like sharing your cosplay online?
I think everyone here has been really positive! Whenever I get nice comments on my posts, I feel happy.
11. Do you have any advice for aspiring cosplayers considering sharing their cosplay online?
Don’t be afraid! Cosplay is a form of art and it is also what you love, so don’t be afraid to showcase who you are to the world.
Check out our website: www.latinachikaspeaksmagazine.com
Entertainment with a Social Justice Twist!