- The artwork is absolutely beautiful and detailed. I can see all the details and accuracy in the traditional dresses of various women who fill the pages of this beautiful calendar. The artist of this artwork is Alex Toledo. Their Instagram page can be found here.
- For every month, there is various special historical events, such as Independence celebrations for each Latin American country, and the birthdays of historical figures from Latinx descent.
- I love that almost every day, if not an entire month, there is a person or event that is acknowledged. In that sense, you can learn something new every day!
- The calendar itself is made from sturdy and thick paper (like other Calendars you purchase from bigger stores). This calendar WILL last you all year! And, it is thick enough to write your own important dates.
- I cannot stress how important a calendar like this is for our youth! Sometimes, this knowledge is not learned until college or never at all. I love that I can share this with friends and family who will learn more about themselves, their families, and their loves ones.
- You can purchase this calendar on their website (cayenapress.org) or on Amazon here!
Honestly, there is nothing negative about this calendar!
Check out my Visual Review on Instagram:
Would I purchase this in the future?
YES!! ABSOLUTELY YES!!!
I love all the details in this calendar! And, I get to share my history , culture, and ancestors to anyone who cares to listen when they visit (lol)!
I plan to purchase this product in the future as gifts for the holidays!
Remember, this is a 2022 Calendar! It is ready for your new year!
Check out Reynelda Calderon’s bilingual children’s books as well! They are just as powerful as the calendar! You can find her Instagram here.
Check out the magazine at : www.latinachikaspeaksmagazine.com
Entertainment with a Social Justice Twist!