Here’s a fun blog post!
We are sharing the 5 THINGS EVERY COLLEGE STUDENT SHOULD HAVE…
Let’s start this countdown with a funny reel we made for IG:
5 THINGS EVERY COLLEGE STUDENT SHOULD HAVE
- PENS & PENCILS
- You will NEVER have enough pens and pencils in college! (seriously!)
- In college, I found out what kinds of pens I enjoy using most and I use different colors!
- One of my favorite pens to use are PILOT G2 Premium Refillable Pens
- I also enjoy the colorful pens made by Sharpie
- I have to admit that I use to buy super cheap pens until I realized my hands were starting to hurt because the pens would not write as smoothly and as fast I needed them to while taking lecture notes. This became even more of a problem when I started graduate school. I highly recommend you find a pen brand you really enjoy NOW!
- HIGHLIGHTERS & MARKERS
- Highlighters are your best friend! You will ALWAYS need a highlighter whether you are reading in your room or in class listening to a lecture.
- As you begin to adapt to new study strategies, you will also see that you will start to have a highlighter strategy as well. This means that you will need more than your basic yellow highlighter.
- I highly recommend the colorful Sharpie highlighters
- STICKIES & TABS
- I don’t know how many stickies I have, but there are SO MANY types!!
- You will use stickies everywhere in your college life! This includes your personal life! I can’t count how many times I have used my sticky notes on my phone to remind me to take something with me before I walk out the door.
- There are the original square stickies that stick at the top. There is now square stickies that stick to the page entirely across the sticky. I love these and you can find them here.
- Tabs are the best for books! I love using them to mark important places in my readings.
- Other ways I use a tab are to mark each chapter of a book (as motivation to keep going!)
- I also use tabs on my planners to remind me of certain dates I need to come back to in the future.
- Color coordinating tabs are bit hard for me, but I know people do it and it works! If this is up your alley, totally own it!
- Here is a pack with two different types of tabs: POST-IT TABS.
- MEMORY DRIVE
- Memory drives are one of the MOST important things you should have in college! (and in your life really!)
- Saving your files on your laptop/computer is not enough. They have the possibility of burning out, getting a virus, and a various of other horrible situations that can occur. You want to have back-up!
- I try to save all my files in my memory drive from my computer at least once a month. Doing this also allows you to free space up in your computer for other things, such apps and programs you need.
- Lastly, I know this may sound contradictory but you should try to have a smaller size memory drive and large memory drive to save EVERYTHING in your life. The reason I recommend a second memory drive because I had my memory drive lose everything once. I highly recommend Seagate because they were able to retrieve most, if not all, of my files from the tech support (very expensive but worth it!)
- I recommend this Seagate memory drive.
- RANDOM GAGDETS
- This item is silly!
- I have found that after a decade of being in college, I have collected so much technology! I have wires and gadgets galore! (the modern day Ariel LOL)
- Some of these random gadgets are reading lights, microphones, headphones, USB connectors and extensions, flash drives, charging wires, HDMI wires, and so much more!
- One of the most important gadgets I never knew I needed was a voice recorder. Our phones cannot save an entire year worth of lectures from all your courses, it’s nearly impossible. For that reason, I highly recommend a voice recorder. Here is the one I recently purchased for my graduate school needs: Olympus Voice Recorder (don’t forget to save your files on your memory drive as backup!)
I hope these tips on what every college student should have and if you have any questions, email us ( email@example.com ) or leave a comment below.
Entertainment with a Social Justice Twist!